Are you the next Client Training Specialist we’re looking for?
Who we are
Founded in 2017, Upchain (www.upchain.com) provides Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions on the Cloud. We fuel innovation and simplify product development by connecting sales, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, service, and others at all points in the product lifecycle. Empowering an impressive list of customers to make better products faster, our easy-to-use platform enables real-time collaborations, establishes the digital thread, manages changes, facilitates viewing of CAD files in 3D, and captures feedback and business processes from any stakeholder throughout the product value chain.
Headquartered in Toronto with three additional offices in Europe, our 85+ employee company was named one of Deloitte Technology’s Fast 50™ Companies-to-Watch last year for exhibiting strong growth as well as recognized by the Lazaridis ScaleUp Program as one of Canada’s Top 10 growth-stage start-ups.
You will enjoy working with us if:
- You are suited to work in a young and evolving environment where there is significant wisdom and years of industry knowledge at the helm.
- You are excited to play a part in helping the company realize its commitment to strengthening culture, communication, procedures, and leadership.
- You are smart, creative, love taking ownership, and can work efficiently and autonomously.
- You want to gain lots of experience, learn about the industry, and advance your career through personal and professional development supported by experienced mentors.
- You are self-motivated, independent, confident, accountable, and comfortable exercising initiative and solid judgement.
- You are keen to learn new technologies in an inclusive and diverse work environment.
- You like challenges, being a trailblazer, shaping the future, and working with some of the world’s most innovative and iconic organizations.
Reporting to the Manager, Training & Documentation, you will own the design and delivery of training programs to educate Upchain customers on best practices with Upchain PLM. The ideal candidate will be articulate, energetic, and enthusiastic, with a passion for both developing learning programs and materials as well as delivering live training sessions. Success in this role will depend on delivering a high-quality learning experience to end users and business stakeholders, designing custom training solutions, and identifying opportunities to improve the overall delivery of Upchain’s onboarding and training initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting interactive classroom, online and one-on-one training to a diverse range of Upchain PLM users and stakeholders. Leveraging adult learning principles to enable trainees to understand core concepts and perform key operations.
- Collaborating with stakeholders from Product, Customer Success and Sales to understand client requirements, use cases and workflows, and to set training milestones and deliverables based on implementation and onboarding plans.
- Developing overall training and learning curriculum, modules, programs, pre- and post-training activities, materials and evaluations to support end user knowledge retention. This may include the design of different written and visual mediums such as interactive tutorials, slide presentations, how-to guides, conceptual diagrams, and demonstrative videos.
- Tailoring live training session content and delivery based on end-user roles and experience levels.
- Measuring, tracking and evaluating learner competencies, and delivering reports on training milestones and risks to internal stakeholders and client sponsors.
- Reviewing existing training content and learning plans for out-of-date, inaccurate, or otherwise unnecessary content that may diminish learner experience. Proactively identifying areas for improvement and opportunities for adopting new learning methods.
- Applying your continually improving understanding of Upchain’s software, PLM/PDM practices, and the industry in general to training content and delivery.
You may be our ideal team member if you are:
● A highly proactive, resourceful, and accountable person who takes a deep sense of ownership, responsibility, and pride in driving and delivering quality learning experiences and content.
● An articulate communicator, with a knack for making complex concepts and technical content accessible and meaningful to a diverse audience.
● A thoughtful, active listener who demonstrates empathy and patience with new learners, while speaking confidently and authoritatively on best practices.
● A lifelong learner who is naturally drawn to acquiring new skills, learning about new subjects, and sharing knowledge with others who are interested.
● Adept at building relationships and collaborating effectively with all levels of the organization.
● An effective, detail-oriented planner, with a strong ability to self-manage, prioritize tasks and adapt to changing directives.
- 3+ years experience delivering live training, preferably for a SaaS-based product.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Mechanical Engineering, Adult Education or other related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher, and/or Google Suite.
- Working knowledge of JIRA or equivalent work management tools, as well as documentation tools such as Confluence.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written). Fluency in additional languages is an asset.
- Ability to travel on-site to support client training needs as required (in a post-COVID world and travel becomes the norm).
- Some flexibility to work outside normal business hours to accommodate trainees in different time zones.
- Domain knowledge of PLM/PDM, CAD software, product development and/or engineering is an asset.
- Certificate in Adult Learning & Development, Professional Training, Instructional Design, or equivalent is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of graphic design and/or video editing software is an asset.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay (overtime pay is applicable)
- Extra vacation days
- Flexible hours and work from home options
- Team building activities
- Perks including daily catered lunches, bottomless coffee, and relaxation/downtime spaces offering foosball and table tennis
- An inclusive work environment that facilitates advancement and embraces members with diverse perspectives
Do you fit with an innovative, fast-growing software engineering company with a very bright future? Let’s find out. Submit your resume and cover letter today.