Are you our next Technical Writer?
Accelerate innovation… and your career.
Who we are
Founded in 2017, Upchain (www.upchain.com) provides Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions on the Cloud. We fuel innovation and simplify product development by connecting sales, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, service, and others at all points in the product lifecycle. Empowering an impressive list of customers to make better products faster, our easy-to-use platform enables real-time collaborations, establishes the digital thread, manages changes, facilitates viewing of CAD files in 3D, and captures feedback and business processes from any stakeholder throughout the product value chain.
With headquarters in Toronto (Canada) and three offices in Croatia, our 85+ employee company was named one of Deloitte Technology’s Fast 50™ Companies-to-Watch last year for exhibiting strong growth as well as recognized by the Lazaridis ScaleUp Program as one of Canada’s Top 10 growth-stage start-ups.
You will enjoy working with us if:
Reporting to the Manager, Documentation & Training, you will own the delivery of high-quality internal and customer-facing product documentation. The objective of this position is to build and maintain a library of consistent, up-to-date and accessible documentation to support customer education and enhance the core competencies of end users. This role depends on acquiring an in-depth understanding of our product capabilities and features, as well as having a knack for connecting product capabilities to the real-world use cases and business objectives of our customers.
Key responsibilites include:
● Proactively reviewing the Upchain Help Center library and other documents for out-of-date, inaccurate, or otherwise unnecessary content that may diminish customer experience, and update appropriately.
● Collaborating cross-functionally with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to identify new product updates and understand customer challenges and use cases, and develop documentation content specifications and requirements.
● Planning and writing high-quality product documentation using a variety of written and visual mediums, including illustrated how-to guides, conceptual diagrams, technical reference documents, and white papers.
● Delivering product release notes to support the communication of new product developments, enhancements and bug fixes to our customers.
● Maintaining an organized, central inventory of all work-in-progress and completed documentation and content, including media such as images and videos.
● Actively work towards defining better processes and infrastructure for efficient content generation.
● Applying your continually improving understanding of Upchain’s software, PLM/PDM practices, and the industry in general to content design and delivery.
● Bachelor's degree in a related field (or equivalent work experience).
● 3+ years experience writing customer-facing product documentation, preferably for a SaaS based product.
● Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint and/or Google Suite.
● Fluency in English (verbal and written).
● Domain knowledge of PLM/PDM, CAD software, product development and/or engineering is an asset.
What we offer:
Do you fit with an innovative, fast-growing software engineering company with a very bright future? Let’s find out. Submit your resume and cover letter today.
Your application was submitted successfully.