Are you our next Integration Developer we're looking for?
Who we are
Founded in 2017, Upchain (www.upchain.com) provides Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions on the Cloud. We fuel innovation and simplify product development by connecting sales, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, service, and others at all points in the product lifecycle. Empowering an impressive list of customers to make better products faster, our easy-to-use platform enables real-time collaborations, establishes the digital thread, manages changes, facilitates viewing of CAD files in 3D, and captures feedback and business processes from any stakeholder throughout the product value chain.
With headquarters in Toronto (Canada) and three offices in Croatia, our 85+ employee company was named one of Deloitte Technology’s Fast 50™ Companies-to-Watch last year for exhibiting strong growth as well as recognized by the Lazaridis ScaleUp Program as one of Canada’s Top 10 growth-stage start-ups.
You will enjoy working with us if:
- You are suited to work in a young and evolving environment where there is significant wisdom and years of industry knowledge at the helm.
- You are excited to play a part in helping the company realize its commitment to strengthening culture, communication, procedures, and leadership.
- You are smart, creative, love taking ownership, and can work efficiently and autonomously.
- You want to gain lots of experience, learn about the industry, and advance your career through personal and professional development supported by experienced mentors.
- You are self-motivated, independent, confident, accountable, and comfortable exercising initiative and solid judgement.
- You are keen to learn new technologies in an inclusive and diverse work environment.
- You like challenges, being a trailblazer, shaping the future, and working with some of the world's most innovative and iconic organizations.
This is a software development position based in in one of our three offices in Croatia. As an Integration Developer, you will work as part of a cross-functional implementation team, tasked with getting a new customer up and running with the Upchain solution. You will be involved in designing and developing middleware and integration components that connect Upchain with the customer’s other systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with other implementation team members to understand and meet customer requirements, as documented in a project plan
- Participating in the design of migration and integration solutions as part of implementations of Upchain
- Using a variety of technologies including various serverless frameworks to integrate Upchain with other systems used by the customer and/or migrate data to Upchain from other systems
- Producing high quality, secure, scalable, performant code as part of middleware, integration, and migration components
- Collaborating with and mentor your team members
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation on integration and migration solutions
- Transfering knowledge at the end of a project to customer staff
- Actively participating in knowledge-sharing sessions as a presenter and as an attendee
- Practicing continuous learning
- Applying your continually improving understanding of knowledge of Upchain’s software, PLM practices, and the industry in general.
- Practicing rigor and discipline in following Upchain procedures while proactively contributing to quality and the improvement of procedures and processes to benefit Upchain and its teams and clients.
- Occasionally collaborating in the pre-sales process to contribute to the understanding of requirements, scope and/or project plans.
You may be our ideal team member if you are:
- A proactive, accountable person with a strong understanding of Agile and Scaled Agile development practices/tooling and a broad knowledge of full software development lifecycle
- An active listener and tactful communicator with the strong interpersonal skills needed to work with various stakeholders
- A multitasker capable of prioritizing and managing your time and multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, time-sensitive, results-oriented environment
- A strong advocate for - and contributor to - quality, Health & Safety, and an elite DevOps Engineering culture
- An experienced technical leader skilled at mentoring others, leading complex design, and identifying innovative solutions to our most challenging problems. Experience with direct management of team members is an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with production software integrations in an enterprise environment
- Experience working with AWS, preferably with serverless development (some relevant services include S3, Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, Step Functions, among others)
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server), and NoSQL databases (Redis, MongoDB, Elasticsearch)
- Experience designing, implementing, and consuming RESTful APIs
- Fluency in English (verbal and written)
What we offer:
- Competitive pay (overtime pay is applicable)
- Stock options
- Extra vacation days
- Flexible hours and work from home options
- Team building activities
- Perks including daily catered lunches, bottomless coffee, and relaxation/downtime spaces offering foosball and table tennis
- An inclusive work environment that facilitates advancement and embraces members with diverse perspectives
Do you fit with an innovative, fast-growing software engineering company with a very bright future? Let’s find out. Submit your resume and cover letter today.