Are you our next QA Automation Specialist?
Who we are
Founded in 2017, Upchain (www.upchain.com) provides Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions on the Cloud. We fuel innovation and simplify product development by connecting sales, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, service, and others at all points in the product lifecycle. Empowering an impressive list of customers to make better products faster, our easy-to-use platform enables real-time collaborations, establishes the digital thread, manages changes, facilitates viewing of CAD files in 3D, and captures feedback and business processes from any stakeholder throughout the product value chain.
With headquarters in Toronto (Canada) and three offices in Croatia, our 85+ employee company was named one of Deloitte Technology’s Fast 50™ Companies-to-Watch last year for exhibiting strong growth as well as recognized by the Lazaridis ScaleUp Program as one of Canada’s Top 10 growth-stage start-ups.
You will enjoy working with us if:
- You are suited to work in a young and evolving environment where there is significant wisdom and years of industry knowledge at the helm.
- You are excited to play a part in helping the company realize its commitment to strengthening culture, communication, procedures, and leadership.
- You are smart, creative, love taking ownership, and can work efficiently and autonomously.
- You want to gain lots of experience, learn about the industry, and advance your career through personal and professional development supported by experienced mentors.
- You are self-motivated, independent, confident, accountable, and comfortable exercising initiative and solid judgement.
- You are keen to learn new technologies in an inclusive and diverse work environment.
- You like challenges, being a trailblazer, shaping the future, and working with some of the world's most innovative and iconic organizations.
Reporting to the QA Manager in this full-time role and working in one of our modern offices in Zagreb, Varaždin, or Koprivnica, the QA Automation Specialist will help to define and develop a full suite of automated feature and system tests for our enterprise SaaS PLM product. You will work closely with Product Managers to understand business needs, product requirements, and user flows to truly understand how the product is intended to work and how it is used by customers. Automated tests will run continuously, in addition to exploratory testing, to provide assurance for the quality of every release.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partner and collaborate with product managers, architects, and developers to become an expert in understanding the product and how it is intended to be used by customers. Contribute towards the definition of end-to-end use cases for the product.
- Design and develop a suite of automated feature and system tests across web, desktop plugin user interfaces, and APIs.
- Execute automation tests, report results, troubleshooting
- Contribute towards the delivery of high quality, testable software, from requirements analysis to acceptance testing.
- Ensure comprehensive test coverage of test suites.
- Actively participate in agile meetings with product management, design, and development teams.
- Report issues in a clear and concise manner and support the teams in trouble-shooting the root cause.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in software quality assurance role from which at least 1 year experience in creating and maintaining automated test scripts
- Experience working in agile software development teams
- Experience with QA processes and methodologies
- Solid understanding of automation test methodologies, frameworks, tools and techniques
- Familiar with UI automation tools such as Ranorex, Selenium, Cucumber, Protractor or Cypress
- Hands on experience with scripting languages such as C/C++/C#/Java
- Knowledgeable about testing REST APIs and SOAP for functional, performance and load testing with any tools such as Postman, SoapUI, Jmeter
- Work experience with any defect system tools and test management tools such as JIRA, xRay
- Experience with enterprise SaaS software products
- Self-driven ability to work independently and manage time accordingly
- Strong critical thinking / problem solving skills with great attention to detail
It would be nice to have:
- Understanding of PLM software and/or CAD design tools
- Experience with performance and/or security testing
- Familiar with CI/CD tools as Jenkins
- Understanding of databases and SQL
What we offer:
- Competitive pay (overtime pay is applicable)
- Stock options
- Extra vacation days
- Flexible hours and work from home options
- Team building activities
- Perks including daily catered lunches, bottomless coffee, and relaxation/downtime spaces offering foosball and table tennis
- An inclusive work environment that facilitates advancement and embraces members with diverse perspectives
Do you fit with an innovative, fast-growing software engineering company with a very bright future? Let’s find out. Submit your resume and cover letter today!