We have a great career opportunity for a skilled Software Technical Support Engineer
Who we are
Founded in 2017, Upchain (www.upchain.com) provides Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions on the Cloud. We fuel innovation and simplify product development by connecting sales, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, service, and others at all points in the product lifecycle. Empowering an impressive list of customers to make better products faster, our easy-to-use platform enables real-time collaborations, establishes the digital thread, manages changes, facilitates viewing of CAD files in 3D, and captures feedback and business processes from any stakeholder throughout the product value chain.
Headquartered in Toronto (Canada) with three offices in Croatia, our 130+ employee company was named one of Deloitte Technology’s Fast 50™ Companies-to-Watch last year for exhibiting strong growth as well as recognized by the Lazaridis ScaleUp Program as one of Canada’s Top 10 growth-stage start-ups.
You will enjoy working with us if:
- You are suited to work in a young and evolving environment where there is significant wisdom and years of industry knowledge at the helm.
- You are excited to play a part in helping the company realize its commitment to strengthening culture, communication, procedures, and leadership.
- You are smart, creative, love taking ownership, and can work efficiently and autonomously.
- You want to gain lots of experience, learn about the industry, and advance your career through personal and professional development supported by experienced mentors.
- You are self-motivated, independent, confident, accountable, and comfortable exercising initiative and solid judgment.
- You are keen to learn new technologies in an inclusive and diverse work environment.
- You like challenges, being a trailblazer, shaping the future, and working with some of the world’s most innovative and iconic organizations.
Reporting to the VP Customer Success in this full-time role and working in one of our modern offices in Zagreb, Varaždin, or Koprivnica, you would support customers in using Upchain’s solutions.
This position involves work in two shifts and stand-by work including weekends, and holidays, and appropriate compensation is provided depending on the days and times of work.
Key responsibilities include:
- Receiving, triaging, responding to, and troubleshooting client support tickets.
- Using Zendesk and other internal tools to manage, escalate, and communicate on tickets.
- Calling or meeting with clients to analyze, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve technical problems.
- Replicating issues using internal software environments, and collecting data to identify root causes.
- Implementing alterations to client configurations to resolve issues where appropriate.
- Providing information, training, or knowledge base articles to facilitate issue resolution.
- Responding to client communications promptly, politely, and with empathy.
- Coordinating with internal teams and serving as an intermediary between them and clients to gather all necessary details prior to the escalation of tickets.
- Continually strengthening your knowledge and understanding of Upchain’s software, PLM/PDM practices, and the industry in general to increase your capacity to support clients.
- Practicing rigor and discipline in following Upchain procedures while proactively contributing to the quality and the improvement of procedures and processes to benefit Upchain and its teams and clients.
You may be our ideal team member if you are:
- A proactive, resourceful, and accountable person who takes ownership, responsibility, and initiative for getting things done rather than waiting on the actions of others.
- An active listener and tactful communicator with the strong interpersonal skills needed to work with external clients in situations that can sometimes be challenging.
- A multitasker capable of prioritizing and managing your time and multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, time-sensitive, results-oriented environment.
- Empathetic and able to understand issues from different perspectives and accurately articulate client goals, needs, difficulties, and points of view.
- Someone who is thoughtful and curious with a tendency to ask "why" questions and the drive to apply a broad understanding of your work towards the creation of better solutions to challenges.
- A service-focused problem solver who fundamentally enjoys working with people and helping them make their work better, easier, and more successful.
- A lifelong learner who is naturally drawn to acquiring new skills, learning about new subjects, and sharing knowledge with others who are interested.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent experience (IT certifications are assets).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a technical support role with external clients, preferably in an enterprise environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to de-escalate conflict.
- Ability to effectively convey and explain complex concepts clearly and succinctly in writing, by phone, and in online meetings.
- Familiarity with CAD software and/or Product Lifecycle Management concepts is an asset.
- Willingness to work a variety of shifts, including late-night or overnight, weekends, and holidays.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Extra vacation days
- Flexible hours and work from home options
- Team building activities
- Udemy courses
- Perks including daily catered lunches, bottomless coffee, and relaxation/downtime spaces offering foosball and table tennis
- An inclusive work environment that facilitates advancement and embraces members with diverse perspectives
Do you fit with an innovative, fast-growing software engineering company with a very bright future? Let’s find out. Submit your resume and cover letter today!