Are you our next Senior Java Developer?
Who are we?
Founded in 2017, Upchain (www.upchain.com) provides Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions on the Cloud. We fuel innovation and simplify product development by connecting sales, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, service, and others at all points in the product lifecycle.
Headquartered in Toronto with three additional offices in Croatia, our 130+ employee company was named one of Deloitte Technology’s Fast 50™ Companies-to-Watch last year for exhibiting strong growth as well as recognized by the Lazaridis ScaleUp Program as one of Canada’s Top 10 growth-stage start-ups.
What our Senior Java Developers love about working at Upchain:
- “The greatest thing about working here is knowing that we are revolutionizing the PLM space.”
- “It is amazing knowing that the software we are developing is helping thousands of mechanical and electrical engineers all over the world on the daily basis. The thing I enjoy most is working with great people and having an opportunity to learn something new from them each day.”
- “The great thing here is having an opportunity to work on interesting tasks with great people, and to use modern tech-stack and get to learn from experts.”
What our Senior Java Developers wish to improve:
- “Regardless of how well organized something is, there is still room for improvement. We are organized well, but some things could be better, like having more skillful seniors on the team.”
- “We should focus on bringing new seniors on the team so that we can work together on bringing code quality on an even higher level.”
In the first 3 months of 2021 we have already expanded our team with the addition of very talented Senior Java Developers who will be leading key areas of development. We are continuing to grow and have the need for additional Senior Java Developers to join our Product Development team, so here is your opportunity to shine.
Who are we looking for?
This is a senior development position based in Croatia. As a Senior Java Developer, you will work in one of the scrum teams, taking ownership in creation and maintenance of several areas of Upchain's PLM SaaS platform. You will be involved in leading architectural discussions, mentorship of team members and collaboration with development and other teams within Upchain.
You will have a chance to:
- Work in a scrum team as an active contributor in all Agile ceremonies
- Produce high quality, testable, secure, scalable, and performant code
- Work on new features and bugs, investigate and troubleshoot problems
- Collaborate with and mentor your team members – delegating tasks and reviewing code
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Actively participate in knowledge-sharing sessions as a presenter and as an attendee
- Practice continuous learning
- Programming in Java and JVM-languages
- Developing scalable microservices in a SaaS, multi-tenant environment from architecture and design to implementation (Java, SpringBoot)
- Working with AWS stack (EKS, EC2, RDS, S3, SES, Fargate, Lambda)
- Utilizing automated testing tools and frameworks such as JUnit, Mockito, Cucumber
- Working with relational (mySQL, MS SQL), NoSQL databases (Redis, MongoDB, Elasticsearch) and database change management libraries (Liquibase, FlyWay)
- Working with containers, their deployment and orchestration (Docker, K8s, Helm, Argo)
- Working with source code management and CI/CD platforms such as GitHub, Jenkins, CircleCI
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and other financial benefits
- Flexible work arrangement both in terms of work schedule as well as work location (offices in Zagreb, Varaždin, Koprivnica and work from home options)
- Home office bonus for a new comfortable chair or another cool accessory
- Full Medical Examination at Agram Polyclinic
- Continuous education opportunities (Udemy for Business - unlimited courses for everyone)
- Strong and well-defined onboarding process within Upchain Academy
- An opportunity to drive innovation using modern technologies within a rapidly changing, exciting PLM industry
- A challenging yet fun work environment with great team members who love to hang out online & offline
Do you fit with an innovative, fast-growing software engineering company with a very bright future? Let’s find out. Submit your resume today.