Are you our next IT Support Specialist?
Accelerate innovation… and your career.
If you are an IT Support Specialist interested in joining an innovative, fast-growing software company, you owe it to yourself to check out this opportunity.
Who we are
Founded in 2017, Upchain (www.upchain.com) provides Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions on the Cloud. We fuel innovation and simplify product development by connecting sales, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, service, and others at all points in the product lifecycle. Our easy-to-use platform not only empowers customers to make better products faster, our platform enables real-time collaborations, establishes the digital thread, manages changes, facilitates viewing of CAD files in 3D, and captures feedback and business processes from any stakeholder throughout the product value chain.
With headquarters in Toronto (Canada), offices in Zagreb, Varaždin, and Koprivnica, as well as an impressive, expanding list of customers, our 120+ employee company was named one of Deloitte Technology’s Fast 50™ Companies-to-Watch last year for exhibiting strong growth as well as recognized by the Lazaridis ScaleUp Program as one of Canada’s Top 10 growth-stage start-ups.
You will enjoy working with us if:
- You are suited to work in a young and evolving environment where there are significant wisdom and years of industry knowledge at the helm.
- You are excited to play a part in helping the company to realize its commitment to strengthening culture, communication, procedures, and leadership.
- You are smart, creative, love taking ownership, and can work efficiently and autonomously.
- You are committed to your own development and want to gain lots of experience, wear many hats, and learn about the industry.
- You are self-motivated, independent, confident, accountable, and comfortable exercising initiative and solid judgment.
- You like challenges, being a trailblazer, shaping the future, and working with some of the world’s most innovative and iconic organizations
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for ensuring optimal performance of user workstations, servers, networking, software, and peripherals. More specifically, the IT Support Specialist maintains and monitors the Company’s computer systems, installs software, networks, and shared services. The candidate possesses the ability to diagnose and repair a broad spectrum of computer issues and provides friendly and timely technical support to users within Upchain.
Key responsibilities include:
- Procure, install, configure & image computer equipment, software, and accounts including email and software licenses (PC & Apple)
- Asset tracking for physical and software resources
- Prompt & tracked upgrades to hardware and software
- Manage endpoint security and hardening
- Procure, install, manage network resources (Switches, Network drops, APs)
- Coordinate and administer IT infrastructure and equipment for office relocation projects
- Quickly respond to user requests to troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Perform tests on computer hardware and software
- Track requests with ticketing system (Jira and Zendesk)
You may be our ideal team member if you are:
- A proactive, accountable person with a strong understanding of Agile and Scaled Agile development practices/tooling and broad knowledge of full software development lifecycle
- An active listener and tactful communicator with the strong interpersonal skills needed to work with various stakeholders;
- A multitasker capable of prioritizing and managing your time and multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, time-sensitive, results-oriented environment;
- A strong advocate for - and contributor to - quality
- A Bachelor’s degree, AEC or DEC in Computer Science, Information Technology or Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience
- IT certification an asset
- Three plus years of related help desk experience
- Broad understanding of hardware, software, operating systems, servers, networking and basic computer programming
- Familiarity with security practices and implementation
- Experience with MacOS, Windows and Linux, AD; TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Routing, VLAN, LAN/WAN, VPN, Encryption; ESXI, AWS;
- Active listener with excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work autonomously with little supervision
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Provision/de-provision assets
What we offer:
- Competitive pay (overtime pay is applicable)
- Extra vacation days
- Flexible hours and work from home options
- Team building activities
- Udemy courses
- Perks including daily catered lunches, bottomless coffee, and relaxation/downtime spaces offering foosball and table tennis
- An inclusive work environment that facilitates advancement and embraces members with diverse perspectives
Do you fit with a fast-growing, always improving software engineering company with a very bright future? Let’s find out. Submit your resume and cover letter today!