Are you our next SaaS Release Deployment Manager?
Accelerate innovation… and your career.
If you are a skilled SaaS Release Deployment Manager interested in joining an innovative, fast-growing software company, you owe it to yourself to check out this opportunity.
Who we are
Founded in 2017, Upchain (www.upchain.com) provides Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions on the Cloud. We fuel innovation and simplify product development by connecting sales, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, service, and others at all points in the product lifecycle. Our easy-to-use platform not only empowers customers to make better products faster, our platform enables real-time collaborations, establishes the digital thread, manages changes, facilitates viewing of CAD files in 3D, and captures feedback and business processes from any stakeholder throughout the product value chain.
With headquarters in Toronto (Canada), offices in Zagreb, Varaždin, and Koprivnica, as well as an impressive, expanding list of customers, our 120+ employee company was named one of Deloitte Technology’s Fast 50™ Companies-to-Watch last year for exhibiting strong growth as well as recognized by the Lazaridis ScaleUp Program as one of Canada’s Top 10 growth-stage start-ups.
You will enjoy working with us if:
- You are suited to work in a young and evolving environment where there are significant wisdom and years of industry knowledge at the helm.
- You are excited to play a part in helping the company to realize its commitment to strengthening culture, communication, procedures, and leadership.
- You are smart, creative, love taking ownership, and can work efficiently and autonomously.
- You are committed to your own development and want to gain lots of experience, wear many hats, and learn about the industry.
- You are self-motivated, independent, confident, accountable, and comfortable exercising initiative and solid judgment.
- You like challenges, being a trailblazer, shaping the future, and working with some of the world’s most innovative and iconic organizations
Reporting to the Product Development Director, in this full-time role you will own the Release Management lifecycle, which includes scheduling, planning, and controlling the software’s development and delivery process. You will be responsible for providing tools and services to help product management teams manage and deploy releases into production. You will implement and manage release processes for code through development, test, and production environments.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsibility for the Release Management lifecycle that involves the stages such as scheduling the release, coordination between teams, and deployment of releases as per the schedule and within budget
- Communicating project-related tasks such as plans, timelines, and requirements with the Product Development team, QAs, and Product Managers to maintain coordination between those teams
- Coordinating the release schedule, Go-Live activities, and resources required depending upon the third-party applications, defect backlogs, planned releases, and infrastructure updates
- Work with other teams to improve and incorporate practices such as CI/CD, agile work streams, and product management
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Identifying the risks that can delay the release and managing them
- Maintaining documentation related to procedures on build and release, various notifications lists, and dependencies
You may be our ideal team member if you are:
- A proactive, accountable person with a strong understanding of Agile and Scaled Agile development practices/tooling and broad knowledge of full software development lifecycle
- An active listener and tactful communicator with the strong interpersonal skills needed to work with various stakeholders;
- A multitasker capable of prioritizing and managing your time and multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, time-sensitive, results-oriented environment;
- A strong advocate for - and contributor to - quality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or another relevant field
- At least 3 years of experience in Release Management
- Prior experience working in a SaaS environment
- Comfortable with Agile processes and CI/CD
- Knowledgeable in Java, Microservices, DevOps, and automation
- Experience with software release management practices, tools, and automation
- Great communication and organizational skills
What we offer
- Competitive pay (overtime pay is applicable)
- Extra vacation days
- Flexible hours and work from home options
- Team building activities
- Udemy Courses
- Perks including daily catered lunches, bottomless coffee, and relaxation/downtime spaces offering foosball and table tennis
- An inclusive work environment that facilitates advancement and embraces members with diverse perspectives
Do you fit with a fast-growing, always improving software engineering company with a very bright future? Let’s find out. Submit your resume and cover letter today!